About the Preserve
1) The “Rosemont Preserve” is 7.75 acres of protected wilderness land in La Crescenta.
2) The Preserve is located at northern end of Rosemont Avenue, in the mouth of Goss Canyon. It is backed by about 300 acres that have been maintained as mostly wilderness over the years by private landowners.
3) The land provides habitat for a number of wildlife species, including mule deer, bobcats, mountain lions, bears, coyotes and endangered Arroyo toads.
4) Preserving this land effectively doubles the amount of available green space in La Crescenta.
5) A volunteer community advisory group, the Friends of the Rosemont Preserve, has been formed to help steward the land and develop educational programs for the community.
6) Directions: Exit La Crescenta Avenue off 210 fwy, proceed north to Foothill Blvd., turn right to Rosemont Avenue, turn left. The Preserve is located at the top of Rosemont Avenue, parking is available at Two Strike Park, 5107 Rosemont Avenue.